Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's About Me

By Chris Brinson


Memphis – This spring and fall, seniors celebrate graduating from colleges and universities all around the nation. After years of education, they seek for a future in an economy that will challenge what they claim to know. For them, only the strong survive.

At The University of Memphis, senior Chris Brinson, who is one semester short of graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism, believes that positive attitude and hard work will help him finish strong.

Brinson, 22, of Germantown, has pursued the journalism degree at The University of Memphis since being a transferred sophomore. He recently attended the University of Mississippi in Oxford.

“I am excited to be graduating this fall ’09 from The University of Memphis with a degree in journalism,” Brinson said. “I see that journalism itself can introduce you to wonderful opportunities and interesting people. More importantly, I see that I’ve found something I will enjoy doing.”

Brinson follows the journalism career because he enjoys writing and researching matters like movies, videogames and human interests. During the summer, he will take a swing at interning for The Commercial Appeal.

“I have an internship opportunity at The Commercial Appeal that I am anxious about,” he said. “No matter the employer, I want to show them through my work what I can do and what type of person I am.”

Brinson hopes to write for a large newspaper or men’s magazine in the future. By graduation, he wants a job secured for him in one of these mediums. He knows with hard work he can succeed in either one.

Although the economy and job force may be challenging, his main focus is to never stop the effort he always gives.

Brinson wants to be able to support his new family with a good career so they will be able to live a happy and healthy life. Work is important but family is more valuable to him, especially his six-month-old baby girl, Isabella Brinson.

Brinson was born in Memphis, and lives with his fiancé and their baby in Germantown. He works now at Dan West Garden Center on Poplar Avenue and attends school full-time.

“I know Chris will graduate from Memphis and get the job he strives for because of his hard work, big heart and good mind,” said his fiancé Viviana Dunn. “He always puts his best efforts in to what he loves and never backs down from a challenge.”

1 comment:

  1. I see you writing for Sports Illustrated for some reason. Wherever your degree takes you Im sure you'll be very successful.

    ReplyDelete